Nest - Your home in your hand app for iPhone and iPad
5888 ratings )
Current version: 5.9.2
, last update: 1 year ago
First release : 01 Nov 2011
App size: 105.75 Mb
At Nest, we make products that are beautiful, thoughtful and easy to use. The Nest app is no exception.
Control your Nest Learning Thermostat, arm and disarm your Nest Secure alarm system, see your home with Nest Cam, and know if Nest Protect goes off – all in one place. And get notifications on your iPhone, iPad or Apple Watch.
Nest uses sensors, algorithms and the location of your phone to do the right thing automatically, turning off the heat and turning on the camera when you leave. Forgot to set the alarm? Nest notices and will send you a Remind Me alert. And everyone at home can get notifications and control the Nest products they need with their own Nest Account – no more sharing passwords.
Nest Learning Thermostat and Nest Thermostat E
Thermostats that program themselves to help you save energy.
- Change the temperature from the subway or the sofa using your phone or Apple Watch.
- See how much energy you used and why.
- View and edit your schedule or boost your domestic hot water.
- Get extreme temperature alerts before your home gets too cold.
- Earn Leafs when you choose a temperature that saves you energy.
Nest Secure alarm system
- Arm and disarm your home remotely from the app.
- Know who is coming and going with Family Accounts and event history.
- Receive a Remind Me alert if you left home and forgot to set the alarm.
- Invite guests from the app, sending them an email invitation with unique passcodes with set visiting hours.
- Receive a security alert on your phone telling you what triggered the alarm- either a door or window opened or someone entered a room.
The smoke and carbon monoxide alarm that thinks, speaks and alerts your phone.
- Get an alert if Nest Protect senses smoke or carbon monoxide (CO).(Requires Wi-Fi and working internet connection)
- Silence an alarm from your phone with App Silence.(Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- See the status of your batteries, sensors and Wi-Fi connection.
- Run a Safety Checkup to test all your alarms at once. (Nest Protect 2nd gen)
- Get “What To Do” instructions during a smoke or CO event.
- See your Safety History so you know when alerts happened and why.
Nest Cam IQ, Nest Cam Indoor, Nest Cam Outdoor
The security cameras that let you see your home on your phone, inside and out.
- Get alerts when there’s activity, and talk back to get someone’s attention.
- See what you missed with snapshots of the last three hours.
- Check in 24/7 with crisp 1080p HD (Nest Cam and Dropcam Pro only).
- Get person alerts (or familiar / unfamiliar face alerts with Nest Cam IQ) and up to 30 days of video history when you subscribe to Nest Aware. (Subscription service sold separately.)
Know who’s knocking.
- Never miss a moment with 24/7 video streaming.
- Designed to show you everything at your doorstep – people head to toe or packages on the ground.
- Nest Hello can tell the difference between a person and a thing.
- Get notified about a visitor even if they don’t ring the bell.
- HD Talk and Listen enables you to naturally talk with someone at your door.
- When you can’t answer the door, quick responses let you reply to visitors with prerecorded audio messages.
Nest x Yale Lock
The lock for a more secure Nest home.
- Set up Family Accounts so everyone can unlock the door with the Nest app.
- Instead of keys, assign a passcode to people you trust in the Nest app.
- When someone locks or unlocks the door, the Nest app can send an alert.
- Turn on Home/Away Assist and Auto-Lock, your door can lock itself when you leave.
Some features require a working internet connection, Wi-Fi and/or Bluetooth.
Pros and cons of Nest - Your home in your hand app for iPhone and iPad
Nest - Your home in your hand app good for
App is solid. More importantly, overall customer support is great.
So far so good. I did not update my OS. In Energy history it would be nice to see each days high and low temperatures saved as well. (Maybe below the date..)
Fixed the login issue (having to regularly religion) and it all seems pretty smooth.
Love the Nest! Can monitor my house from anywhere. Love the notifications and monthly feedback on usage. While others in my neighborhood complained about how high there hydro bill was, mine was considerably less. Yes it is all about usage, but I think it also has something to do the the feedback and monitoring of the NEST
I only have the Nest smoke detector, but I like the mobile alerts and reports.
I can access my NEST home thermostat anywhere with this Nest apps and saving a lot of money, love it
Some bad moments
This app is listed as free but I was billed for it, without even receiving a popup or any information of its price nor that it was paid. Apple support ignores it. Dont install.
Live video is just black and loading endlessly, cam LED is green, this is not the intuitive Product I expected, this is crap. Absolute crap.
When Nest (AKA Google) purchased Dropcam, my 3 Dropcams became useless paperweights.
The Nest app is pure crap! It has eliminated most of the functionality of my Dropcams—it constantly loses the connection to my cameras; imposed a default setting (Auto) that effectively downgraded my resolution from 1080p to 720p; and has degraded the night vision image quality to a muddy, grey, blur.
Moreover, at least the top 1/3 of the home screen is occupied by the Nest logo and the local temperature—forcing me to scroll down to view my 3rd camera. I dont need Nest to tell me about the #%!% weather! And as if I would trust any data they provide. They cant even manage their core business.
They bought a great company (Dropcam) with great products; added $100 to the price of the cameras; removed any semblance of tech support / customer service; downgraded the available bandwidth; shoved their garbage app (complete with advertising for their cloud recording plan) down our throats; and left us all to twist in the wind.
HATE NEST! HATE GOOGLE! A POX ON YOUR HOUSE!!!
Latest version is very buggy.
First of all it takes forever to load and more importantly I place the temperature to 19 Celsius and it starts warming the house when it is already 21 Celsius inside the home ?
Ps support HomeKit !!!
Intelligent notifications are useless since you cant filter on them, they just a different label on the notification, no "only notify if you see someone" (I have a dog so cant use any notifications).
Geolocation can only be used to turn on or off the entire camera, no "turn off notifications when Im home but keep the camera online at all times".
Worst of all tech support doesnt even know these limitations exist.
Im using Iphone 6. After upgrad to this latest version, I cant even control my thermo. It only shows home and away. No temperature, nothing!
the nest app,
nest - your home in your hand,
free nest app,
and other. So, download free Nest - Your home in your hand .ipa to run this nice iOS application on iPhone and iPad.
Usually Nest - Your home in your hand iOS app used & searched for